Stay tuned - 2018 details are just ahead!
May 2017, CT IFS launched the inaugural Banking Boot Camp with four proud Host Bank Sponsors and partners the Connecticut Department of Banking and Connecticut Bankers Association. Twenty-three college students from schools in and beyond Connecticut spent five days as part of an immersive experience inside the walls of four major banks. Bank of America, KeyBank, People's United Bank and Webster Bank invited the cohort inside their downtown Hartford offices to learn about myriad rewarding careers, to meet senior leaders and to broaden students' career prospects for internships and future employment. Participants gained insight into wealth management, marketing and sales, customer engagement, real estate, commercial lending and much more.
CT IFS was proud to host the students for a soft skills session on the final day of Boot Camp. The segment featured a panel discussion with IFS professionals on resume building, as well as interactive discussions on mastering the 'elevator pitch,' growing personal and professional connections and social media smarts. The program culminated with a formal luncheon and networking program at The Society Room of Hartford.
Click for an excerpt of the week's program, or see photos from the week!
WHAT THE PARTICIPANTS ARE SAYING:
- "I had no idea what to expect when first attending the program and I am blown away by the organization, opportunities, and individuals of the week."
- "Banking is more about people and relationships than I imagined."
- "Banking is such a big field full of opportunity!"
- "I really enjoyed the people aspect of banking because in my head, it was always a numbers business."
- "I never realized how many opportunities are in banking. My favorite session was with the Department of Banking...I never knew that was an option."