November 4, 2015 at the Connecticut Convention Center, Hartford
Advances in technology, consumer preferences and mobility are creating market disruption in today’s global insurance industry. While the world may be safer, more transparent or efficient as a result, these changes present new challenges for all and opportunities for the companies leading the charge. On November 4 in Hartford, the nation's Insurance Capital, CT IFS convened 350 insurance executives, practitioners and innovators at the Insurance Market Summit, where key executives from globally recognized companies showcased how they are leading the strategic revolution for insurance and other consumer-driven industries. Click for the program from the November 4 event.
- Google: Jon Kaplan - Vice President, U.S. Sales and Operations
- CNET: Mark Larkin - Senior Vice President and General Manager (CNET, ZDNET and TechRepublic)
- FBI - Cyber Division: Brett Leatherman - Assistant Section Chief
- National Assoc. of Insurance Commissioners: John M. Huff - Director, Missouri Department of Insurance, Financial Institutions and Professional Registration; NAIC President-Elect
- Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System: Thomas Sullivan - Associate Director
The stellar front-end agenda featured Google's Jon Kaplan, CNET's Mark Larkin and the FBI Cyber Division's Assistant Section Chief Brett Leatherman. From an exploration of the emerging technologies that are revolutionizing our world and disrupting risk management, to the reality of the Smart Home and the protection of privacy, data and consumer interests, these three speakers characterized the challenges squarely facing the industry, and opened the imagination to the future of the insurance landscape.
A post-lunch panel featuring state and national dignitaries highlighted the economic development and regulatory environment. DECD Commissioner Catherine Smith moderated the conversation, and engaged CIDCommissioner Katharine Wade, the Federal Reserve's Thomas Sullivan and the NAIC's President-Elect John Huff, in a lively dialogue that concluded the main stage presentation.
Attendees then broke into three sector-specific panels, where experts, technologists and innovators discussed the new health economy, robotics, autonomous vehicles, 3D printing, generation-specific marketing and distribution channels and more.
Industry Executive Panels:
- David Askey - Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Ascend Robotics
- Dr. Peter Bowers - Chief Medical Officer, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Joseph Coray - Vice President, International, The Hartford Financial Services Group
- Jerry Daly - Senior Vice President, Employer Market, Optum
- Anthony DeCarmine - Chief Technology Officer, Oxford Performance Materials
- Jeffrey A. Flaks - Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Hartford HealthCare
- Patrick Gee - Senior Vice President, PI Claim, Auto and Property Claim, Travelers
- Jeffrey Gitlin - Partner and Health Services Advisory Leader, PwC
- Jason Gorevic - Chief Executive Officer, TelaDoc
- Petr Hejl - Aerial Media Consultant, Founder, Stribog Media LLC
- Mark Hug - Executive Vice President, Product and Marketing - Individual Life, Prudential
- James F. Jorden - Shareholder, Carlton Fields Jorden Burt
- Nondini Naqui - Director, Society of Grownups, a MassMutual Learning Initiative
- Thomas Tooley, CLU, ChFC - SVP, Head of Life Insurance Distribution, Lincoln Financial Distributors
- Tina Wilson, CFA, AIF - Senior Vice President, Retirement Services Product Development,MassMutual
Launched at the Summit was the fourth installment in a series of reports on Connecticut's insurance industry - the Insurance Market Brief. This in-depth report was produced in collaboration with PwC, the Summit's Presenting Sponsor.
(#CTIMS) for more.