Thank you for your interest in this year’s Actuarial Boot Camp. Under the current pandemic, we are still accepting applications and have extended the deadline to May 29, 2020. If we do decide to cancel the Camp in the future, you will be notified via the email address on the application. Thank you for your understanding.
GOT MATH SKILLS?
Have you thought about putting your love for math and problem-solving to work? Don’t miss 2020’s Actuarial Boot Camp, an intensive and interactive one-week program for high school students and college freshmen that will show you the ropes of the profession and prep you for an actuarial exam!
ACTUARIES are business professionals who use mathematics, statistics and financial and investment theory to study uncertain future events, analyze their financial consequences and develop programs to reduce the impact of associated risks, especially those of concern to insurance companies.
Seeking: Self-motivated students with a passion for math and solving complex math problems. See application for eligibility requirements.
Program Dates: July 13-17, 2020 (8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily) | July 20-24, 2020 (8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily) Students will be assigned to one of the two camps; limited to 20 students each!
Host & Location: Vantis Life Insurance Company, 200 Day Hill Road, Windsor
Tuition: $250 for Connecticut residents | $500 for Out-of-State residents | Tuition assistance may be available.
How to apply: APPLY HERE | Application must be e-mailed no later than May 29, 2020
• Sessions focused on writing skills, negotiation strategies and professional ethics
• Networking opportunities: meet actuaries working in insurance (life, property-casualty and health), finance, government, risk assessment and consulting!
• Guest speakers from companies like Aetna, The Hartford, MassMutual, Nassau Re, Prudential, Travelers, UnitedHealthcare and Voya Financial
• Guidance on internships, employment and career advancement
• Study notes and an exam-approved calculator
• Lunch and snacks each day of the program
• Opportunity for a Job Shadow Day
• Option to take an actuarial exam free of charge!
At time of application, applicant must:
- Be one of a high school senior in Fall 2020; a high school graduate/college-bound student as of June 2020; a current college freshman.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Reside full-time in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island or Vermont.
- Preference is given to Connecticut residents.
- Be currently taking or have already taken Calculus AB or BC, or Honors Calculus, including Integration.
- Pre-calculus will not be considered.