Have you thought about putting your love of math and problem-solving to work? Don’t miss 2022’s Actuarial Boot Camp, an intensive and interactive one-week program for high school students and college freshmen that will show you the ropes of the profession and prep you for an actuarial exam!
CT IFS is proud to announce The Hartford as Host company for the 14th Actuarial Boot Camp!
Unique Insight from actuaries all in different fields stages in their careers
Internships and opportunities with participating companies
Hosted 15 sessions with more than 300 Boot Camp alumni
Actuaries are business professionals who use mathematics, statistics, and financial investment theory to study uncertain future events, analyze their financial consequences, and develop programs to reduce the impact of associated risks – especially those of concern to insurance companies.
Seeking: Self-motivated students with a passion for math and solving complex math problems
Program Dates: July 11-15, 2022 OR July 25-29, 2022 (8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily)
(Students will be assigned to one of the two camps; limited to 20 students each!)
Host & Location: The Hartford Financial Services Group, 690 Asylum Avenue, Hartford, CT
(CDC guidelines for COVID will be observed.)
Tuition: $250 for Connecticut residents | $500 for Out-of-State residents
(Tuition assistance may be available.)
Completed applications for 2022 must be submitted by June 1, 2022. See Below for More Program Details.
• Sessions focused on writing skills, negotiation strategies and professional ethics
• Networking opportunities: meet actuaries working in insurance (life, property-casualty and health), finance, government, risk assessment and consulting!
• Guest speakers from companies like The Hartford, Aetna, Cigna, Nassau Financial, Travelers, UnitedHealthcare and Voya Financial
• Guidance on internships, employment, and career advancement
• Study notes and an exam-approved calculator
• Lunch and snacks each day of the program
• Formal Culmination Program with The Hartford
• Opportunity for a Job Shadow Day
• Option to take an actuarial exam free of charge!
• At the time of application, applicant must:
– Be a high school senior in Fall 2022; a high school graduate/college-bound student as of June 2022; or a current college freshman.
– Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
– Reside full-time in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, or Vermont. (Preference is given to Connecticut residents.)
– Be currently taking or have already taken Pre-Calculus, Honors Calculus (including Integration), Calculus AB, or Calculus BC. A minimum of Pre-Calculus is required.
Completed applications for 2022 must be submitted by June 1, 2022.
CT IFS and The Hartford are excited to learn more about you and we thank you for your interest in 2022 Actuarial Boot Camp. Feel free to reach out to programs@connecticutIFS.com at any point with questions. We look forward to hearing from you!